Warning: This post may be hazardous to your bank balance!
This week the ladies from the Planner Girls Collective are sharing their favourite planner and craft shops. I’m a relative newcomer to the world of planning and journalling so haven’t really purchased to many things, although my Etsy favourites list currently has EIGHT pages of shops where I have seen things I like/want to buy, most of which are UK based as I’m usually on quite a tight budget.
If I am ordering online, I do tend to stick to Etsy more often than not although I have been known to browse some of the other stores although have yet to order. Some of my favourite shops for online window shopping are:
Mrs Brimbles – Fabulous selection of products for art journalling, planning and scrapbooking as well as monthly Brimbles Box subscription.
Craftstars UK – Huge selection of planning and stationery brands and products together with a monthly subscription box
Just So Stationery – Gorgeous planner inserts printed and punched ready to use.
Suzy Stick It – Supplier of all things stationery related from USA and Asia, with a huge selection of washi tape.
On the whole my planning technique is quite minimal compared to some of the other planner ladies, mainly due to my use of a bullet journal, and I find that too many stickers etc makes it look a little cluttered. Washi tape on the other hand is a staple item in my planning kit and I also love a bit of decoration within my TN using things like paperclips and ephemera.
Below are a few of the Etsy shops that I have purchased items from in the past and would definitely recommend along with a couple who I’m considering ordering from in the near future.
- Ugly Bug Plans – Michelle at Ugly Bug Plans is one of the contributors to the Planner Girls Collective and the designer behind the Uglydori Travellers Notebooks as well as offering a monthly subscription box containg all sorts of delights. You can check out my reviews of her earlier boxes here and here and a brief review of my Uglydori here
- A Beautiful Plan – Another of the Planner Girls Collective, Kelly sells gorgeous stickers, inserts and other planning goodies. I ordered a set of her Pumpkin Spice Everything stickers in the autumn together with some washi tape, and currently have my eye on her blog planning stickers.
- Travellers Times – This is currently my go to shop for notebooks for my Travellers Notebooks. There is a good variety of products and the quality of the paper used is fabulous.
- Lyra & Co – I got my first every fauxdori from Lyra & Co and although I don’t use it as much I still love it. I’ve also got one of her Travellers Notebook pocket inserts on my wish list (fingers crossed for my birthday)
- Bits of Stationery – I’ve had a few orders from Rachel and I’ve loved them. I purchased her Halloween and Christmas plan with me kits last year along with some functional stickers and some cute Christmassy paperclips.
- Cherry Blossoms in the Market Square – I just love, love love Kayleigh’s paperclips. They are so gorgeous and a perfect addition to any planner. Here are a few I’ve purchased to date.
- Geekydori – My current Christmas planner is housed in a lovely Geekydori which was perfect for keeping all me Christmas bits and pieces together.
- Crafty Ali Cat – Gorgeous handmade gifts, stationery and planner supplies.
- Little Rainbow Moon – I’ve just placed my first order which I received last week and I absolutely love it.
- The Geeky Planner – Although I’m still to purchase anything from here, I have about 6 different sets of functional stickers in my basket waiting for funds to become available.
For planning and journalling supplies on the high street, my recommendations would probably be Paperchase, Hobbycraft, Poundland and The Works.
Don’t forget to check out the other fabulous posts from the ladies in the collective via links below.
- Emma-Louise Smith at The Stationery Geekette
- Kelly Vizma at A Beautiful Plan
- Michelle Mills at UglyBugPlans
- Louise Parkinson at The Vintage Planner
- Rebecca Slaughter at Rebecca Project Life
- Zoe Gut at zzz0eee
- Suzanne Tench at PlannerMontanah
- Gemma Bray at An Ocean Glimmer
- Kerry May at Kerry May Makes
- Alyson Duncan at A Life Lived in Words
- Stephanie Kaye at A Ska Loving Geek
- Rebecca Rice-Roberts at Becster.com
- Neringute Abbas at The Royal Planner Blog
- Hannah Smith at Plan With Hannah
Until next time