Oh My Blog is a monthly interview series where fellow bloggers come together to answer a series of questions on a specific theme. This is a chance to get acquainted with a whole range of bloggers, some of whom you may not have heard of before, and learn a little more about them!
This month, the theme is Mums (because it’s Mother’s Day soon!) and we’re hosting Jade from Jade’s Long Journey.
1. Introduce us to your mum. What’s her name? What does she do? Reveal her age if you dare!
My mum is called Sarah and she works in a hotel which is great if I need a hotel room as she gets discount. I don’t think she will mind me telling you all that she is 47 years young.
2. What’s the one thing your mum always used to say to you?
I was a naughty child so I was always getting told off so I think as bad as it sounds it I always remember being told I was grounded. Oops!
3. Someone’s playing your mum in a film. Who is it and why?
This is really hard and I honestly have no idea. If Barbara Windsor was younger I would say her because my mum has a similar laugh and she loves carry on films.
4. She’s won the lottery. What’s the first thing your mum buys for herself?
This is a conversation we have had many times, when I was little I picked the lottery numbers and every number I picked came up the issue being my Nan refused to pay for the numbers I chose as she thought they were silly. So I know she would buy herself a horse and stables.
5. What embarrassing story about you does she always tell when you meet new people?
I don’t think there is one. When she met my boyfriend for the first time she hit him with a whip and put a vibrator on her nose (we were in Ann Summers). My sisters normally tell the stories.
6. What are your plans for Mother’s Day this year?
I think we will just go for a meal she has been eyeing up a menu at a local pub restaurant that has a 32oz steak (could be 23oz).
7. What’s her favourite TV show at the moment?
Well The Walking Dead has just come back on so she will be hooked on that but she also likes watching her old classics like Auf Wiedersehen Pet.
8. What’s the biggest or most important thing that your mum inspired you to do?
To be strong and not let things get to me. It is something she inspired me to do without even knowing it.
9. Your round at the bar! What’s your mum drinking?
10. What’s the biggest different between you and your mum?
She loves horses and spiders and I’m scared of both spiders more than horses.
11. Most important question of the lot. What is your mum’s stance on 50 Shades of Grey? Does she love it? Hate it? Not even know what it is?
She has read it but I haven’t as I’m really not a fan. I think she enjoyed the books.
12. What’s your favourite memory of your mum?
Oh there are so many as she is just funny unintentionally. We were all talking about the game station SEGA and she said oh yeah the logo was green and we all just looked at her and said no it was blue her response well it was green in my head. And life with my mum is just like that.
13. What do you think your mum was like as a kid?
A bit of a goodie two shoes. She was in the church choir and was on songs of praise but left when offered to help at the local stables.
14. Cast your mind back a bit; what was the thing you did as a child or teenager that made your mum the angriest she has ever been with you?
I don’t think I dare say on here. I was arrested once accused of theft from a house I babysat in she was pretty angry with me until she knew I didn’t do it.
15. Finally, what’s the BEST piece of advice your mum ever gave to you?
If your not happy then leave.
If you enjoyed this post, you should head over to Jade’s blog and social media.
Thanks for reading