Welcome to Day 2 of #Blogtober17 and today’s prompt is babies.
When I began writing I thought it would be easy. I mean I’ve given birth to three gorgeous babies so why wouldn’t it. It wasn’t long before I found myself getting a little emotional over the fact that they weren’t actually ‘babies’ anymore. I mean I know they will still by MY babies, but they’re not the small bundles cuteness that I brought home from the hospital many years ago.
It didn’t help that I was rushing to get my post written as I was already starting to fall behind. I began browsing some of the other fantastic posts by the bloggers participating in #Blogtober when I came across this fantastic tag that Kim over at Northumberland Mam did for her post and, well if I’m honest, pinched it for my post (hope she doesn’t mind!)
I have followed Kim’s reasoning and used different names for each question because, as she says, using the same over and over would just be boring.
1. What is your favourite boy and girl’s name from the top UK names list (2015)?
For a boy I would choose Logan and for a girl I it would be Cora.
2. What is your least favourite boy and girl’s name from the top UK names list (2015)?
Gavin and Camilla. Apologies if you have children with these names but they just aren’t for me.
2. If you had twins, what would you name them? (G/G, B/B, B/G)
2 girls would be – Madison and Mackenzie .
2 boys would be – Austin and Cooper.
A boy and girl would be – Roman and Bella.
3. If you could change your name to anything, what would it be?
I’m not sure I would anymore. When I was younger I hated my name but over the years I’ve grown to like the fact that it is a little unusual without being weird. Plus I now know other people with the same name/spelling.
4. You have 4 children, any gender. Their first names all have to start with the same letter. What would their names be?
Autumn, Ayden, Alexa and Ava.
5. What’s your favourite animal-inspired name?
I should really say my name Debra (which means bee). However I don’t really like the name; I prefer Debbie, so would have to say Kitty for a girl and Leo for a boy.
6. What’s your favourite colour-inspired name?
I love Ruby and Scarlett for girls and Jett for a boy.
7. What are your top 3 favourite boy names?
I love my son’s name Corey so that would be there along with Declan and Dominic
8. What are your top 3 favourite girl names?
Again, I have to go with my daughter’s names Olivia and Anya, plus I love the name Willow.
9. What is your favourite celebrity baby name?
I love the names the Beckham’s have given their children and I also love the names of P!nk’s children.
10. What is your ultimate guilty pleasure name?
Quinn (after Harley Quinn from Batman). If we’d had a different surname my youngest would have been called Quinn. Unfortunately it didn’t sound right with Binnersley.
11. What are your most hated baby names?
There aren’t many names I hate, although I do dislike many of the popular names. Especially now the kids are at school and there 4 Layla’s, 2 Lola’s and several Riley’s in the same class. I feel so sorry for the teachers.
12. Choose a baby name based on a food/drink?
My initial thought was Chardonnay, but I really dislike this name so I am going to say Honey for a girl. For a boy I would choose Colby (which is a cheese for those of you who don’t know)
13. Choose a baby name based on a month?
I love the name Maya.
14. Choose a baby name from a movie?
For a girl it would be Vivienne (from Pretty Woman). I know it’s not the best film to name you daughter after but I love the name nonetheless.
For a boy it would be Cole (from Sixth Sense).
15. Choose a name that is already in your family.
My grandmother’s name was Evelyn and we shortened it for Anya’s middle name of Eve.