I recently came across a post from several years back by Aby Moore at You Baby Me Mummy based on Vogue’s 73 Questions. This was a completely new thing to me but a quick search on You Tube brought up loads of celebrities answering 73 questions about what they like, what they hate, and what they know.
After some slight procrastination in the interest of research I decided that one of my favourites was James Corden and his response to the 73 questions.
Taking my inspiration from Aby’s questions I decided to give it a go myself.
1. What’s your favourite movie?
The Shawshank Redemption
2. Favourite movie in the past five years?
3. Favourite Hitchcock film?
Don’t think I’ve ever seen one
4. A book you plan on reading?
My TBR list is enormous as the minute so there are loads of books I plan on reading eventually. However, next on my list will probably be the latest in the Domininc Grey series; The Resurrector by Layton Green (Dominic Grey, #6)
5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you?
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
6. Favourite TV show that’s currently on?
I don’t watch loads of TV but am loving Midnight, Texas
7. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now?
Probably around a 6. I’ve got lots of exciting things to look forward to but with that also come the nerves about how things will go.
8. iPhone or Android?
Android. I have an iPhone but am happy with my Samsung Galaxy which is Android
9. Twitter or Instagram?
I love Instagram, but I also love Twitter. They are both completely different so it’s impossible to choose one over the other.
10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
Me! Seriously though I don’t know as there are so many amazing and inspirational people out there at the minute.
OK, if you’re really going to make me choose, then I would have to say Aby Moore. She is the reason I’m doing this post and one of the main reasons I have my blog
11. What’s your favourite food?
Another silly question as I love almost all food, I don’t have a favourite food but if I had to choose it would probably be sweet and sour chicken from the local Chinese takeaway.
12. Least favourite food?
Anything offal related – kidney, liver, heart. The texture makes me go all squeamish.
13. What do you love on your pizza?
An odd combination, but I love sweetcorn and pineapple pizza.
14. Favourite drink?
Tea, I can’t function without a cup of tea on a morning.
15. Favourite dessert?
Anything with lemon.
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
17. Coffee or tea?
Tea definitely. I’m not a huge coffee lover, although I have started drinking it every now and again.
18. What’s the hardest part about being a mum?
Splitting your time between them all. My eldest doesn’t bother too much as she’s an adult, but my youngest two are total opposites. That and the two year age gap means they both want to do different things and trying to juggle that is difficult.
19. What’s your favourite band?
I love music so this is hard. At the minute, I’m listening to a lot of Linkin Park so I’ll go with them
20. Favourite solo artist?
21. Favourite song?
Don’t’ have one. I have lots that I love but there isn’t a particular song that reaches above all the others.
22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
You’re assuming I can actually sing here! OK, well in that case it would be either P!nk or Chester Bennington.
23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
I’m torn between the guitar and the piano on this but would probably say piano
24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
On my right thigh or the back of my neck. I know exactly what I want for each location, I just need to find the funds and pluck up the courage.
25. To be or not to be?
Depends on the question!
26. Dogs or cats?
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
Whale-watching, it’s already on my bucket list.
28. Best gift you’ve ever received?
29. Best gift you’ve ever given?
A Mk2 Ford Escort to my OH for his 30th birthday
30. Last gift you gave a friend?
A ticket to an upcoming event she wanted to attend next year
31. What’s your favourite board game?
32. What’s your favourite country to visit?
33. What’s the last country you visited?
Majorca on our family holiday in May.
34. What country do you wish to visit?
I have a bucket list full but since there are so many places I want to visit I would have to say America
35. What’s your favourite colour?
36. Least favourite colour?
37. Diamonds or pearls?
38. Heels or flats?
I love heels but since becoming a SAHM, flats are more practical
39. Pilates or yoga?
I’ve never tried either, but prefer the look of Pilates
40. Jogging or swimming?
41. Best way to de-stress?
Glass of wine, chocolate and cuddles with my OH while watching TV.
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
The ability to time travel or control time in some way.
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
Moist, maybe not weird but I don’t like it.
44. What’s your favourite flower?
45. When was the last time you cried?
This morning when singing along to Linkin Park on the radio. For some unknown reason, and completely without warning, I felt myself getting teary
46. Do you like your handwriting?
Not really, I have totally handwriting envy of so many people.
47. Do you bake?
Yes I love baking.
48. What is your least favourite thing about yourself?
I’m a perfectionist who also procrastinates.
49. What is your most favourite thing about yourself?
I can almost always see both sides of an argument or situation
50. Who do you miss most?
My dog, Rylee who died a couple of years ago.
51. What are you listening to right now?
The dishwasher and the radio
52. Favourite smell?
Lemon, lime, grapefruit. In fact anything citrussy.
53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
54. Who was the last person you sent a text to?
My eldest daughter.
55. A sport you wish you could play?
I haven’t got one. I don’t really like sport.
56. Hair colour?
With or without the dye? It’s grey without the dye and dark brown with (at the minute)
57. Eye colour?
58. Scary film or happy endings?
Happy endings every time. I hate scary movies
59. Favourite season?
Autumn. I love the colours
60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
Will Smith, my maternal grandfather and my paternal grandmother (who both died before I was born)
61. Hugs or kisses?
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
63. Where were you born?
Leeds, West Yorkshire
64. What is the farthest you have been from home?
65. Sweet or savoury?
66. Lipstick or lip gloss?
67. What book have you read again and again?
To Kill a Mockingbird
68. Favourite bedtime story?
My favourite at the minute is Shark in the Dark by Peter Bently.
69. What would be the title of your autobiography?
She Did It!
70. Favourite sound?
My kids giggling.
71. Favourite animal?
72. Who is your girl crush?
73. Last photograph you took?
I’m challenging these lovely ladies to answer the 73 questions.
Emma at The Stationery Geekette
Kelly at Me and My Girl
Alex at Better Together Home
Laura at Autumn’s Mummy
Clarissa at KK Moo and Monkey 2
Lucy at Momma Mack
Laura at Mummy Lauretta
Do you fancy taking on the 73 questions challenge? If you want to take part then feel free, but don’t forget to let me know so I can have a read of your answers. I love getting to know people better.